Monday, November 29, 2010

In The Begining

Hello Everybody,


    I was watching an episode of "Hoarders" on tv last night and I thought about what it would be like to live like that...yeck. But then I started to think about the things in my life that I am totally obsessed about and it dawned on me that I love books. So I am going to write about the different books I read and my thoughts. I thought it would be fun to share with those I love and than they can share in my madness.

    Lets start however, with the story of how I came to be a book lover. When I was a little kid my mother used to read to me before bed. The very first book she ever read to me was "Wind in the Willows". Unknown to me (at the time) this book is filled with cus words, but my mother would use the word "blank" to say those particular words. Later when I read it as an adult, I was shocked at all the cussing. It made me laugh because I had the chance to rediscover a much loved memory of my past.

    That was how it all began for me. Soon I was reading to her and we would get excited over childrens books like "The BFG" and "The Magic Tollbooth". My love for reading has continued to grow over the years and at times I made a somewhat pathetic attempt at writing too. I love the smell and the look and the feel of books. As soon as I was old enough to make my own money, I started to invest in my own library. Now I am 26 years old and I have a five foot book shelf full of books (as well as several boxes of books that don't have a home) and all I can think about is the excitement of going to the book store to pick out my next book.

    So, if you have a 'sickness' like me when it comes to books check out this blog from time to time, where I will be talking about the books I am reading. I would love to have input and discussion about them.

Thanks,
The Book Hoarder

No comments:

Post a Comment